Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sour Cream Potatoes and a dumb brunette?

No this is not a post of my favorite recipe or anything. I volunteered to make dinner for the family across the street because they just had a baby and needed some help with a meal. So I decide to make a potatoe casserole recipe Tim's mom had given us that was pretty easy. We went to the store on Saturday and bought some hamburger meat and some cream of mushroom soup because I remembered seeing or so I thought I had seen them in the recipe (I never actually pulled out the recipe to look at it before hand). So we got home and the recipe I found that I thought was the correct one read "Sour Cream Potatoes". I thought: "hmmm, I don't remember there being sour cream in these but maybe I just forgot, it has been a long time since we have had these." So I proceed to boil the potatoes, then the recipe says to grate them, which was odd because the ones she had made were sliced into circles. I go along and make everything as the recipe says. Then it calls for cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom soup, weird. Then for 2 cups of cheddar cheese, and doesn't say anything about when to brown the hamburger meat. Turns out we were out of cheese and Tim was out running an errand so I called him and asked him to buy some. So he stops by the house because he forgot something before running to the store, I have everything mixed in the bowl waiting for the cheese, and he says: "Are you making funeral potatoes?". Yes ladies and gentlemen I had made the whole wrong recipe with out even knowing it. And they say blondes are dumb?!?!

2 comments:

allie said...

Its all good, I tried to make Allie a home made chicken potpie once and had the recipe out... and I forgot the main ingredient, so the potpie didnt really turn out so great, Allie tried to save it but there wasnt much to save.

Ras Fam said...

Yeah, one time I (tim) tried to make grilled stuffed burrito's, and they fell apart, I got mad, and punched mine into the garbage.