So we have fallen into the abyss of projects, and life. We have remained "unplugged" so to speak so we could finish Tim's parents basement since we are going to live down there while we continue to go to school, its a win win situation, we can help them pay the mortgage but still maintain a very low rent rate, live in a nice area and not have to get into another contract renting again. It's very exciting but has been a hard project, we started with all concrete walls and floors and are almost to the part where we paint and put in flooring, which we got to pick out ourselves :). This has been super fun since I want to go into Interior Design and Tim wants to do Architectural Drafting and Engineering, it is right up our alley. Also, I have a new job at a cute little consignment shop in American Fork (which I will not reveal the name here on the internet, don't want any creepers popping in to say "hi" or lurk around at my work). Tim has been working with his cousin doing some home remodeling work as well. Along with the remodel of the basement, I have also been hired to clean, organize and re-design my sisters' bedroom. Its fun because I've pretty much been given creative freedom to do whatever I need to do to make it nice. My favorite piece is an armoire that my mom and I found at a Savers in Midvale for $25. It was a little beat up, but with a little sanding, painting and new hardware it turned out beautiful. I also got a dresser for my little sister for $35 at Savers, which I also painted and fixed up a bit. Also, we bought them an antique 4 poster bed off of KSL for $99, and I love it! See pics below of all of our projects. We are busy bees but I am hoping that once we get moved in things will calm down a bit, just for the record this will be our 5th move, I hate moving and every time I do I vow not to do it for a long time, we'll see how long I can hold out. School starts for us on the 26th, I hope I can still keep my grades up with my new job and continue to focus on my education. Anyway, I promise I will start getting back to everyone slowly, I have to take it one day at a time, I can't make real plans just yet because my work schedule is inconsistent, but I really want to have fun again someday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment