Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mr. Particular (a grumpy baby story)


Everett is so much fun, and we love him soooooo much. He is adorable and heart melting. He is the best thing that has ever happened to us! But..............the little guy is very persnickety, if things aren't his way there is no stopping it, his temper boils over. I never thought a baby could have a temper but mine does. For his first month of life no one believed me because he's a new baby and they all cry. By month 2 close family members started to notice and comments such as "I've never seen a baby get so mad.", "Maybe he's just colicky." (he's not), "Whoa, that's quite the temper.", "He'll grow out of it by 6 months or so." (are you kidding me?! 6 months of this is eternity! What if it is for eternity?!?!) etc.... You hear people say that babies are born with their own little personalities, how about their own tempers? 

I just have to write this so I'll remember to laugh when he gets a grumpy baby, and say "Oh there's nothing wrong with him/her, they're just like their Daddy!" (Followed by an evil laugh). 

We blessed him at home with just our immediate family a few weeks ago, it's a good thing we did since he screamed through the whole blessing, there was no comforting him, it was like he just wanted us to remember who runs the show around here. Regardless, the blessing was so sweet and Tim held it together really well and blessed him with many wonderful things and his "strong spirit." 

Turns out, I was a pleasant baby and Tim was the grumpy one, I totally would have thought it would have been the other way around (Tim is so mellow and I am intense). Anyway, this last week Everett has started being so sweet, cooing, and smiling like crazy. I'm loving it but can't help feeling cautious like it’s the calm before the gigantic volcano eruption that's about to ensue. I love my grumpy little guy, we laugh about it (otherwise cry right?). 

















2 comments:

S&M said...

So happy to see this guy! He is so cute. I think he looks so much like Tim. Kids are such little stinkers! Make sure you get video of his little outburst, they will be funny later. And sometimes I have fits of laughter and crying. They are worth it :)

Elise said...

He's the cutest little grumpy baby I've ever seen! I'm glad he's smiling and cooing more. They just get more and more fun as they grow up!