So lately I have had a lot of guilt.......
the funny part is I haven't done anything wrong. I guess it's just part of being a woman, if your not doing everything then you feel bad. It's pathetic, Tim just laughs at the things I feel bad about. I will sit and cry and tell him everything that is "wrong" and he just sits back and when I'm all done he says "so..." which causes me to analyze what I had just said. Then I think, "Why do I feel bad about that, nobody even cares." So the lesson is, not to be so hard on myself and especially not to feel guilty, it's severely unhealthy, especially when you haven't done anything wrong. Seriously, I need to stop caring about what other people think, because I will do what I want anyway, whether they like it or not, and the best part is, it's my life, I'm doing what I feel is right, so I have no reason to feel any guilt at all. Sorry that was a little deep and desperate, but to all the women that read this blog, stop feeling guilty, you are doing the best you can, and you are your worst critic. I love you all!
7 comments:
wow, thanks, It's really good to know i'm not the only one who feels like that sometimes. It's a hard lesson to learn, but i'm trying hard to learn it! You're awesome- don't feel guilty. :)
Thanks Audra,
It seems this whole past year I've been so concerned about my weight, ya know having a baby a year ago and all...anyway. It was really quite depressing. And then another great cousin reminded me about priorities, and where they went. So I started to think about this. The most inportant thing to me IS NOT the clothes I'm fitting into or lack there of...but it's my family and my scriptures, calling, phoning friends, etc....Then I remembered how good it feels to do service projects because it causes you to be totally selfless and help other people.....
Sorry went on a tangent there.... These things seem to be working right now, and life is good for me .......and Jesse :)
Cheer up Charlie!
That is such a good reminder! It's amazing how things will weigh you down. Thanks for the post! You're awesome!
okay so the point was that I was feeling guilty because somehow I got confused on what was more inportant. How could I let satan influence me like this.... that was my point! Thank you!
Guilt is a tricky little bastard, and when you actually look up what it means, we realize we are waaay off! But how to describe that feeling that so many women have? I asked Grandma E once about measuring up and she said that the less time she spent thinking about it, the less it mattered and in the end, the less you think about it the more you are doing what you can do, thus measuring up just fine. I thought that was great advice and hope living by it gets easier!
It is so a woman thing to feel guilty! I feel guilty all the time and it will only get worse as when you become a mom! Keep up the encouragement, we need to not feel so guilty!
I totally Agree. I feel so bad sometimes and nothing i have done is wrong or bad. But thank you for that. I needed it. Thank you.
Post a Comment