This story probably seems pretty insignificant, but it's not, since this is like the 5th time this has happened to us in this apartment. We have received a summons for someone that used to live here, yes a court summons. The sherrif has knocked on our door thinking that the summons guy lives here, (he checked Tim's ID, pretty sure Tim's name isn't Angel Aguilar). I have had an old man knock on the door at 8:30am asking for a girl, he said he was coming to pick her up for work, I told him she didn't live here and he actually asked me if I was sure, OK seriously??? I'm pretty sure I would know who lives in my apartment with me. We also get mail for the people that used to live here, not just junk mail, important mail like car registration, college acceptance letters, etc...
My solution:
I am going to put our name on the front door and the mailbox, possibly with a nice note underneath that says something to the effect of, if the mail doesn't have this last name on it, please don't put it in this box, and no my husbands name is not Augusto Falco. Here are some of the examples I found on the internet, I think it's a cute idea.




And this last one is for those that like to wake me up when I am sleeping, be afraid, be very afraid, because I will not look very delightful when I answer the door. So that's it for my rant, if anyone has any stories like this, I want to hear them so I know we are not the only lucky people that get this special attention.PS
If you happen to know either Angel or Augusto, would you let them know we have their mail? Oh and their court notice. Thanks!
9 comments:
Hahahahahahahahahahh! LOL! I love your posts! I know it's not funny but thats so weird! hahahah! I'm still laughing!! I can't belive that the sherif checked Tim's ID!!! hahahahah!
YIKES!!! Do not answer the door anymore! These people are not normal. As for the mail....you are supposed to write on the envelope that they are not at that address and return it to the post office. It is illegal to keep someones mail.
Crazy story!
Cori, no worries I was totally kidding about keeping their mail, I know it's illegal. I called the sheriff and the DMV right away, I didn't want that hanging around at my house. Thanks for looking out for me though. :)
Ha, so, that's weird and scary. I'm sorry he woke you up, that always makes me so mad. I hope it doesn't happen again. GOod luck!
That is so funny! Sorry Audra I feel your pain though I hate being woken up. I do have some good news though, your not alone. The guy that used to live here must have had some serious problems. We've had tons of people come looking for him, and four debt collectors come looking for him personally. His W2's came to us. Seriously people need to change their address when they move and let everyone know what their new address is. I feel your pain.:)
What a crack up! When we first bought our house, a few months later we decided we needed a land line phone service. In the beginning we'd get phone calls like every other day for like a month " Es Margarito dare?" My response "Umm...What? No." Caller would continue "Well es dis da man o da house?" My response "Uh...riiight" 'click', It was usually collection company's and stuff like that. We still get a call for Margarito about once every three months, what a joke! But your story is an even bigger joke! Hilarious! I love that they checked his ID, you never know Audra, there could be a red headed Augusto out there! hahahaha hahahah
That's crazy! Nothing like that has ever happened to me... Those letters on the door are really cute!
LOL that is hilarious....so funny but not i would be so annoyed as well...that stinks
sorry....I didn't mean to sound like a worried mother. I totally came across that way!
I do think that it is pretty funny that the sheriff would believe Tim could actually be named Angel!
A red headed guy named Angel would only fit if he was super femmy!
Post a Comment