So we really did celebrate Tim's birthday, it was on January 29th. We ended up going to Tepanyaki in Provo (thanks Kelsey for the suggestion) and it did not disappoint! I love how fresh everything was, they cook it right in front of you, it was like getting a show and dinner. I don't eat shrimp, well I don't eat most seafood it kind of sicks me out a bit, I feel like shrimp are little naked bodies, however I was brave and tried some and I totally loved it, so good. Tim had a fantastic birthday, both families had us over for dinner and cake that Saturday and Sunday, and Tim got some good loot. I just love him, he is the sweetest man I have ever met, happy birthday Tim!
This is our turtle Dash, we have had her for a while, and yes its a her, we researched it, I want to change her name but can't because of her story. Dash is a yellow bellied slider we think, she is from Louisiana, Tim sent her home with some members from his mission to give to my little sister while he was still on his mission. She totally flew on an airplane, not sure how they got her through the airport. Tim found her in a ditch on the side of the road, but they had an appointment to go to so they stuck her in the console in between the two front seats. When they came back from their appointment, she was gone, there was a small hole in the console and she slid through it and climbed into the dashboard. Tim and his companion had to take the whole center of the dash off in order to get the turtle back, hence her name Dash. We love her, Tim hand feeds her and it is so cute, she totally loves him and hates me, she comes out of hiding when he walks in, its pretty funny.
Valentine's Day was very relaxed this year, we stayed in and it was awesome. I made a tortellini with a Smoked Gouda sauce (sort of like the one at Olive Garden) it was so good. I also made some homemade sugar cookies which were also delicious, I think they are one of my most favorite cookies. The very top picture is of the decoration I made its sort of a banner but disconnected, I love my Silhouette machine, its one of the best purchases I've ever made. The best part of Valentine's Day was spending time with my sweetheart.
So I got a new purse, I do almost every time the season changes and I can afford it. This purse has meaning to me, it was quite the ordeal trying to find it. First, I decided this season I wanted either butter cream yellow or off white, and I wanted it to have ruffles of some kind. So I start searching on the internet, and I find the perfect one (on the top) its the wrong color though and they were no longer selling them. So I decide to go out on foot in search of the perfect bag, Tim takes me around on a Friday night and we go to approximately 10 stores in the Orem/Provo area, I see a few I like but none that I love and not "the purse". I gave up that night and decided it didn't exist anymore. My mom calls me on Monday and says that she is at Taipan in Orem and that there are a lot of cute bags, I tell her I already went and didn't find anything. Tuesday I get my spirits back up and take my mom with me, this time to American Fork, again nothing! By this time I am really feeling down, you know the feeling went you want the perfect thing and you know it doesn't exist? Yeah it was like that. My mom suggests to go to Taipan once more, we do and low and behold there is my purse that I dreamed up in the right color, mind you people I thought it did not exist! I was thrilled! My mom says its a retail blessing, and I believe her. I love this bag! (sorry so long).
Guess what Tim got me for Christmas? Only the best present ever! I had been wanting these boots, I love cowboy boots, I seriously wear them everyday. He is so amazing to have gotten these for me, they were expensive so he stashed away a little bit every month for them, and then wrapped them in a big box but they were covered with tissue paper and were under another present with a note on top telling me to dig a little deeper. I cried, he knew how much I had wanted these boots. I will always remember this Christmas, I love having memories like this one.
This was a weird and super random post, I apologize for that. I will let you all know what I ended up with for the beauty suggestions post, I'm still collecting/deciding what to get. Thanks for reading if you made it this far, and if you didn't I'm not offended, it was a novel.

6 comments:
I love your posts, a good read. I believe the word you are looking for is "skunked" when you really want something and can't find it. I found out about a new "latest" skin care. It is called Skincerity
http://www.mynucerity.com/126651/index.html
I have only heard good things about it. I would buy it but I am too cheap. I know two people that sell it. Let me know if you want me to give you their contact info.
I love you and your shopping adventures! You seem to always find that perfect item. Oh, and way to be the best wife ever with that Valentine's meal. That looked amazing!
Oh my goodness Audra, I wish you could have told me all this in person, you seriously CRACK me up! You seriously are a perfect mix between your mom and dad, I love it! have fun with my sister next week!! xoxo
ps the boots are off the hook!
You're so cute! I love the updates! The purse is gorgeous..I want one now! And love the cowboy boots...Tim won brownie points for that one. And tepanyaki's is the best..we go there for every special occasion that I can get away with!
I love this post!! You are the cutest! Happy birthday t-man, glad it was a good one! love tepenyaki, but can't do the shrimp... brave girl. LOVE the purse... so glad you found it... I love it, it's adorable. what else? I'm missing things. I'm glad you guys are doing well. Keep posting!
oh yeah. the turtle. adorable. love the story. and the boots. so super cute, i could never pull them off though. and the food. yum.
sick of me yet? :) sorry for the double-comment. :)
Post a Comment